Halloween, while a seemingly innocent holiday, can nonetheless be a wasteful endeavor. Nobody wants to wear the same costume every single year, and so brand new extravagant outfits find their way in the trash or in the bottom of a closet to never be used again. But there are ways to plan for this coming Halloween without being so wasteful. Here are some ideas for costumes that are easy to put together and can be made from everyday things.
1. Wear the Same Costume Every Year – Yeah, I know we just established that’s exactly what you don’t want to do, but is it really such a bad idea? Here’s what I propose. The same costume isn’t really going to wrinkle the noses of even your snobbiest friends if you use it two years in a row, and after that you can change it up by spending Halloween at a different location. Use it as a reason to party with someone else – new crowd; new costume.
2. Trade With Friends – Call a few friends that don’t live near you or hang out with different groups of people and swap costumes every year. This is great for parents who don’t want to buy the kids something new every year. How about hosting a costume swap a week or two before Halloween?
3. Dress Up Like the Opposite Sex – This is a classic costume for those with a sense of humor, and it is always good for lots of laughs, especially for those masculine guys. Everyone has friends and family they can borrow from to put their costume together.
4. Dress Out of Context – The funniest outfits are often the ones that are a complete change from your usual style. Some examples include the city boy dressing up as a cowboy, the business man dressing up like a thug, the clean freak showing up with their hair messed up and food plastered across their shirt. Dress like you’re living in a different era. It can be simple, but in a tight circle of friends it is good for laughs.
5. Make Your Own Costume – Besides just changing up your wardrobe, if you are crafty, you can make your own costume. Kids will really enjoy doing this; it gives them a chance to use their imagination. Pick up a book at a crafts store or do some research online to get tips and techniques (http://www.robinsfyi.com/holidays/halloween/costumes.htm). Everyday household items can easily be used to put something together.
We source these valves, refrigeration and other products from the most trusted vendors of the industry who manufacture these in compliance with the established quality standards by using best grade raw material and components. We have a team of qualified and skilled professionals who are appointed after scrutinizing their industry knowledge and skills. Supported by their knowledge and dedication, we are able to carry out all the business processes in a hassle free manner and attain the higher level of patron satisfaction. BMJ Open is an online-only, open access general medical journal, dedicated to publishing medical research from all disciplines and therapeutic areas. The journal publishes all research study types, from study protocols to phase I trials to meta-analyses, including small or potentially low-impact studies. Publishing procedures are built around fully open peer review and continuous publication, publishing research online as soon as the article is ready. Science Citation Index Expanded 2. Computing & Technology 3916. CONSTRUCTION AND BUILDING MATERIALS buy concerta
Bimonthly ISSN: 0950-0618 ELSEVIER SCI LTD, THE BOULEVARD, LANGFORD LANE, KIDLINGTON, OXFORD, ENGLAND, OXON, OX5 1GB 1. Computer Security: Art and Science 2002 Bishop M. An Introduction to Chemistry 2001 Bishop M. Essential Economics 2004 Bishop M. Collective Modes of One-Dimensional Lennard-Jones Systems 1982 Bishop M. Genetic Databases (Biological Techniques Series) 1999 Bishop O. Microelectronics - Systems and Devices 2000 Bishop O. This may also apply to Mexican-American children, who are fatter than either white or black children (Mueller, 1988). The high prevalence of obesity among several Native American tribes and Pacific Island populations is difficult to explain by excess calories alone. There is evidence from a study of twins (Bouchard, 1988) and from several studies of ethnic groups (Mueller, 1988) that patterns of body fat distribution are inherited. This is especially apparent among children..
The answer to the first question is Rear Adm. Boris Lushniak, not a household name since his appointment by President Obama last July. But the answer to the second question is open for debate. While the title of surgeon general is considered prestigious, it actually doesn't carry much clout. The study was stopped after an interim analysis. Of 16 patients in the infusion group, 13 (81%) had resolution of C. No significant differences in adverse events among the three study groups were observed except for mild diarrhea and abdominal cramping in the infusion group on the infusion day. After donor-feces infusion, patients showed increased fecal bacterial diversity, similar to that in healthy donors, with an increase in Bacteroidetes species and clostridium clusters IV and XIVa and a decrease in Proteobacteria species. He served in the U. He practiced business law for many years in Chicago, initially as a partner with Gunther & Choka and later at Antonow Fink Gunther & Lester, before retiring in California. During WWII, he served in the U. Northern District of Illinois who was supported by Chicago Mayor Richard J. Daley in 1964, Hanrahan embarked on a campaign against organized crime. He ran unsuccessfully for mayor in the 1970s, and he later went into private practice, remaining active until his death. Active as inquisitor (alongside of John of Capistran, against remnants of the fraticelli, in 1426, and independently in Hungary and Italy in 1436), crusade preacher against the Turcs, and commisioner of the order in Bosnia (1432), Hungary and Italy. He tried in vain to reconcile the conventuals and the observants on request of Calixtus III. In 1462 he became involved in a controvery around the veneration of the Blood of Christ with Jacob of Brescia OP. Pope Pius II had http://jerseycanada.com/jerseyatlantic/fnt/ultramer.php
to order both parties (both inquisitors) to keep silent on the subject. Giacomo was an avid book collector. For some perspective on costs of insurance, my contribution to Medicare is around $1,800 a year. For that, I get access to free medical treatment (obviously, not elective surgery etc) for anything except dental and some restrictions on optical (pays for tests etc, but not glasses etc) for a family of five. If you want to find out how much you would pay on your current income under this system, have a look here..
6. Get Creative With Makeup – The first thing everyone sees is your face, and thus it is quite easy to make a costume using just makeup. Even a fake gash across your forehead is enough. You can just wear your same clothes or wear an old, torn shirt to make it look like you’ve had a rough night. For other makeup uses, just use the makeup you already have in your home instead of buying something just for the purpose.
7. A Different Kind of Costume Party – Get your friends into the minimalist mindset by having a costume party where the theme is homemade costumes. Encourage everyone to recycle old clothing and household materials to get creative, and have some kind of prize for best costume.
8. Recycle Your Costume – If you do have a store purchased costume, don?t ever just toss it away, and resist the temptation to stuff it in a closet for “later” only to never see it again. Instead, help other people to resist materialism by giving it out to someone else looking to save some money or reduce their impact. If no one needs it, bring it to a thrift store.
With a little creativity, Halloween doesn’t have to be just another reason to express our consumerism. This is one of my favorite holidays because of everyone?s willingness to lighten up and make a fool of themselves. But that doesn’t have to mean waste. Put some thought into things and decide if one night a year is really worth the materials and money. Like any day of the year, the answer is all in using your head.
Tags: Clothing, Costume, Halloween, Parties, Recreation, shoppingRelated Articles